Creative Comments License

This is the Blog ig by Mason Herron is licensed under CC BY 4.0

Sunday, March 31, 2024

Blog 9

     I have enjoyed my experience in EME 2040. It has allowed me many opportunities to integrate technology into my skillset, and equipped me with tools I can use if I choose to become a teacher. I am glad that most of the work can be done during class, because it allows students who may have trouble remembering to do assignments at home more opportunities to succeed in the course. Overall, I think this model should be adopted by more teachers, and there is little I would do to improve it.

    Open Education Resources (OER) are information and learning resources you can access for free. One example of this is the internet archive. This website has many different resources you can view or even download, like books, photos, movies, etc. You can even check out books through their library system with an account. Since I am a history major, the internet archive make it easy and affordable to find various historical references and sources for my research. 

    Assignment 4 gave me an opportunity to become further acquainted with the PowerPoint program. While I have been using PowerPoint since 5th grade, the are some aspects of this assignment that forced me to do things I've never done before, like make word art, or narrate the PowerPoint. This has developed my understanding, and made me more equipped to use PowerPoint in the future. However, I do feel like 10 slides was a lot, and the prompt was somewhat unclear on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 10

     I learned a lot from completing assignment 5. For this assignment, I created a geography trivia game similar to the game show Jeopardy....