Creative Comments License

This is the Blog ig by Mason Herron is licensed under CC BY 4.0

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Blog 6

     Diigo is a very interesting resource. It is good for compiling resources, whether it be your own personal bookmarks, or group bookmarks. You can also annotate any first thought you have on the bookmark so you don't forget it. My only problem is that the site is too messy. It's almost overwhelming with how cluttered and small the home screen looks. It takes a second to get used to, however when you understand how to use the website, it's pretty intuitive.

    I don't really like blogging. It doesn't really allow me to fully express my thoughts in the same way I can through speaking. Sure, writing has it's place, but I much rather prefer to use it for short excepts or throw away thoughts like on twitter. I can easily convey my thoughts through speech or video, but writing out blogs feels like there a separation between me and the reader, almost like an internal dissociation. After this class, I do not intend to blog at all, it's just not for me.

    If I ever teach, I may use remind to contact parents. This would make communication a lot easier, and maybe even decrease response time. It would also allow regular reminders for classwork due dates and project. This would help kids get work done and turned in on time. Overall, I think it would be a great tool to use in the classroom. 

https://www.remind.com/  

1 comment:

  1. I also thought Diigo was interesting and helpful for centralizing resources! I would not have found Diigo without this class so that is very helpful. I also like the idea of using Remind to contact parents. It seems helpful without being too invasive.

    ReplyDelete

Blog 10

     I learned a lot from completing assignment 5. For this assignment, I created a geography trivia game similar to the game show Jeopardy....