Creative Comments License

This is the Blog ig by Mason Herron is licensed under CC BY 4.0

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Blog Post 3

     I am a relatively creative person, therefore most of the materials I would use as a teacher would be self made. However, we would still use books within the classroom, and while I cannot hand out copied whole books, I can get a class set and distribute them to the class. Of course, their is a worry that I might accidentally put copyrighted material in my work, but I am not too worried. After all, I would intend on using very little copyrighted materials, and the way in which I intend to use them is protected since this is in the education field. 

    In the South, I think one of the biggest concerns about technology implementation is accessibility. There are many families that may just not have the means to access the internet at home for various reasons, so I find it important to still keep the majority of assignments in person. However, for assignments online, it is important to allow time in class for students to finish online assignments. This not only allows students who don't have internet access to complete their assignments free of worry, but also gives students a chance to ask questions about how to complete the assignment.

    I think that for the most part, AI is a negative addition to classroom right now. AI is not nearly good enough to add into the learning environment, and we see this in how students have attempted to use it to cheat on work. Often times, when students use ChatGPT or other AI software,  it is very clearly not someone's original work, whether due to writing style or even blatantly incorrect information. I'm not saying that it can never be useful, as I can say see it be a useful tool in the future, but for now, it is way too soon.

    I already knew how to do most of the things required for the newsletter. However, I did use word art for the first time. This allowed me to add a bit more variation in the design of the newsletter, and can help spice up a rather boring project. I also learned how to shade areas, which is another fun way to help design future projects in word.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Mason,

    This was such an entertaining and informative blog post. I think it’s smart that you are choosing to create your own teaching materials since it indeed helps with preventing the misuse of other people’s work. It truly emphasizes that creativity is a crucial part of being a teacher that sometimes gets overlooked. About what you said regarding AI, I think it can be applied in classrooms as long as the teacher has a way to limit how students can use it. And if all else fails, teachers can trust that the school will take care of academic dishonesty by the students who decide to be sneaky. Also, you made a pretty cool newsletter. It’s not too casual or too formal, and it gives off friendly vibes to both students and parents.

    ReplyDelete

Blog 10

     I learned a lot from completing assignment 5. For this assignment, I created a geography trivia game similar to the game show Jeopardy....